Avenger Security provides full service burglar alarm and fire alarm systems with monitoring services, Brivo cloud based access control and Eagle Eye Networks cloud video surveillance solutions in Austin, Texas.
(1) Don’t sign a long term contract to get an alarm system or security alarm monitoring service, the industry standard is 3 years. Other alarm monitoring contracts are 5 to 7 years in length. Avenger Security requires only 90 day notice to cancel.
(2) Don’t agree to a credit check or give Social Security number to get a security alarm system or security alarm monitoring. This is often a sign that your information and alarm monitoring service contract are going to be sold or traded off.
(3) Make sure security alarm system company and installer are licensed. The Texas Department of Public Safety issues identification cards to all licensed individuals and companies. These can be verified thru Texas DPS website.
(4) Make sure security alarm monitoring central station monitoring center is a “Five Diamond Certificate” rated company. The Central Station Alarm Association post what monitoring centers operate under strict standards and at no charge issues certificates.
(5) Hard wire the security alarm system into the home as much as possible with control board hidden.
(6) Make sure your burglar alarm system technician knows what he is doing and explains how to operate security system.
(7) Know how to manually test your alarm monitoring system for communication with central station. Test your alarm system periodically to make sure everything works.
(8) Only use wireless security alarm system equipment or devices as a last resort.
(9) Make sure all living in home of age are involved in process of getting security alarm monitoring service. Keep it simple.
(10) Check with local municipality to see if alarm permit is required. Avenger Security will give notice of proper permit if required upon activation. Austin Police requires alarm system permit if responding.
Austin surrounding Police Departments that require alarm system permit.
Austin Police Alarm Permit – austinsecurityalarmpermit
Leander Police Alarm Permit – leanderpolicealarmpermit
Georgetown Police Alarm Permit – georgetownsecurityalarmpermit
Hutto Police Alarm Permit – huttoalarmsystempermit
Pflugerville Police Alarm Permit – pflugervillealarmsystempermit
Elgin Police Alarm Permit – elginpolicealarmsytempermit
Lago Vista Alarm Permit – lagovistapolicealarmsystempermit
Jonestown Alarm Permit – jonestown_alarm_system_permit_application_2014fill-in
Travis County Alarm Permit – travis_co_alarm_permit_
Williamson County Alarm Permit – williamson-co-alarm-permit-2015